First Impressions Coordinator
The First Impressions Coordinator (FIC) will oversee people’s first contact with Central when they connect with the church online through the website and social media, as well as when they call by phone or visit the church office in person. As Communication/Media Director, he/she will oversee the overall process for printed, electronic and online communications. In addition as Church Receptionist he/she will answer the telephone, greet and assist people visiting the church office, and assist the Church Administrator and Senior Pastor. For Wage-Hour purposes, the FIC is a non-exempt employee with regular office hours Mon-Fri, 8:00-5:00.
The FIC supports the Senior Pastor, Church Administrator, and the congregation’s ministries by having the highest level of moral integrity and faithfulness.
The FIC will grow spiritually and professionally in specific areas determined by the Senior Pastor and Church Administrator and assist members and guests in a professional and sincere demeanor.
- Oversee the communication process to ensure information is consistently and effectively communicated across all platforms using information provided by staff and ministry leaders
- Printed material including weekly bulletin and inserts, Circuit Rider, other special forms/documents as needed
- Website– Keep the website up to date and appealing to those just learning about Central for the first time as well as helpful for existing members and guests
- Social Media– Oversee development an overall social media plan. Sustain a robust presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, etc., to communicate what God is doing in and through Central to those in the church and beyond. Develop a schedule for staff content responsibilities.
- Worship Slides – Help develop consistent visuals in all services that reflect our branding model and communicate consistency with other platforms
- Produce and print worship bulletin, Circuit Rider, and inserts as needed
- Develop a vendor list and oversee outsourcing of periodic design work and videos
- Send all-church emails
- Coordinate with Church Administrator to send church-wide mailings and Circuit Rider with the help of volunteers
- Answer and assist all telephone calls in a positive and friendly manner
- Greet and assist members and guests in a positive and friendly manner
- Keep membership rolls up to date
- Provide needed reports in a timely manner – Attendance, 1sttime guest/recurring guest/absent members, weekly Vital Signs, annual Charge Conference, etc.
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintain team of office volunteers to help with general office work and mailings
- Weekly Bulletin
- Bi-weekly Circuit Rider
- Consistent communication across all platforms
- Oversee redesign of worship bulletin and Circuit Rider
- Develop list of trusted design vendors and video producers
- Develop overall social media plan
- Maintain a regular social media presence
- Generate timely reports
- Effective use of volunteers (attendance, mailings, etc.)
- Friday afternoon double check worship slides
- Consistently warm, friendly and helpful interaction with members and guests on phone and in person
The ability to multi-task, working knowledge of Microsoft Office, good verbal and written communication skills, good organizational skills, ability to manage volunteers. Knowledge of Shelby (database) and website administration a plus. Excellent interpersonal skills (phone & in person). Willingness to learn needed skills, grow spiritually and serve as a team player.
In addition to the above, assist the Church Administrator and staff with office duties as needed.
The First Impressions Coordinator is supervised by the Church Administrator. The FIC has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities but will maintain and manage the office volunteers.
Now hiring Childcare Teachers at Central Child Care Center. Full-time and Part-time positions available. We are looking for reliable, nurturing, and energetic people who are passionate about early childhood education. Stop by the church or send resume to email@example.com.