REGISTRATION IS CLOSED!
Lay Servant Ministry class participants are encouraged to discover and employ personal spiritual gifts as God intended and to consider the importance of exercising servant leadership and remaining rooted in consistent spiritual practices. Lay Servant Ministry classes help us to journey through intentional discipleship.
Classes are $20.00 each, which includes lunch. Books will need to be purchased separately. You are responsible for your own lodging.
AM Session 9:00am-12:00pm
PM Session 1:00-5pm
1) Preaching led by Rev. Jeanne Williams: This class moves participants beyond the basics of public speaking and creates foundations necessary for preparing an engaging sermon.
2) Leading Public Prayer led by Ron Hayes: This class seeks to relieve the anxiety of inexperienced leaders of public prayer and the discomfort of those with and for whom they pray in this practical workshop about praying in public.
1) Introduction to Lay Servant Ministries led by Ken Beard: Intro to LSM is the foundational class and must be taken first to be a Certified Lay Servant. You may take this class “out of order” if your intention is to complete it relatively soon after you begin the program-Contact Karen Anderson if you have questions.
2) UM Polity led by George Rhoads: This course offers a fresh understanding of United Methodist beliefs, mission, practice, and organization. There will be an analysis of the just concluded special session of General Conference.
3) United Methodist Heritage led by Randy Godsey: This course will explore the special gifts of theology, witness, and organization that The United Methodist Church brings to the church universal, how we got where we are today, and how our distinctive emphases are still needed in the 21st-century church.
To Pay for your classes click the Donate Button